Aqua Expeditions Announces Epic Safari Odyssey in Partnership with the Shackleton Society
Aqua Expeditions has announced a once-in-a-lifetime safari exploration. Co-hosted by Aqua Expeditions founder Francesco Galli-Zugaro and the world-renowned safari guide Howard Saunders, founder of the Shackelton & Selous Society, and taking place this October, up to 10 guests will have the opportunity to embark on a 14-day adventure into the African wilderness.
As a long-term fellow of the Shackleton & Sealous Society, and deeply passionate about travel and exploring remote destinations, Francesco was inspired to create this one-time journey by his many trips scouting for future river cruise locations – which so often have turned into unexpected exploratory adventures.
The safari odyssey has been developed with a dual purpose of exploring two iconic rivers of the world, the Congo River and the White Nile, and traveling through Namibia, Congo and Uganda. Guests will experience remote regions, with access allowed only to those few who are intimately familiar with the territory.
The trip will incorporate a few days of cycling for those interested in an active element, and will provide the opportunity to help pioneer the new but growing tourism industry in areas such as Odzala in the Congo.
– Exploring the Congo River out of Brazzaville, Republic of Congo
– Seeing gorillas in the Republic of Congo
– Exploring Murchison Falls National Park and the source of the Nile in Uganda and Lake Albert
– Cycling in Namibia among black rhino and desert-adapted elephants (support vehicles available for non-bikers)
– All flights will be in two private planes, from the meeting point in Johannesburg or Cape Town, reducing transfer times to optimize game viewing excursions
A place on this extraordinary journey, including internal flights, costs approximately US$25,760 per person and includes: accommodations; meals; service charges; alcoholic beverages; bottled mineral water and sodas in camp and on game drives; all park entry, camping and activity fees; gorilla tracking permits; daily laundry service; and professional safari guides. International flights, airport departure taxes, entry visas, gratuities and miscellaneous charges are additional. There are a limited number of spaces left on this expedition.