Celebrity Xpedition returns to service after a stunning seven-day makeover in Panama
It’s another bold step in THE CELEBRITY REVOLUTIONSM, beyond the introduction of two industry-changing ships – Celebrity Edge and Celebrity Flora – and the $500 million modernization of the rest of the brand’s fleet.
When she makes her stylish return to service on Sunday, September 23, 2018, the revitalized Celebrity Xpedition will debut an array of enhancements across the 100-guest mega-yacht, from redecorated staterooms, lounges, and restaurants that perfectly complement the natural beauty of this one-of-a-kind destination, to faster and more reliable Wi-Fi that allows guests to stay connected even as they disconnect.
“Our commitment to the Galapagos Islands has never been stronger, because we know, having sailed these awe-inspiring islands for so many years, what a life-changing experience it is to come here,” noted Lisa Lutoff-Perlo, President and CEO, Celebrity Cruises. “The upgrades we’re making to Celebrity Xpedition and the upcoming arrival of our new Celebrity Flora, the first ship designed specifically with the Galapagos Islands in mind, will transform the way our guests discover this amazing place and take our unrivaled Galapagos offerings to an entirely new level.”
THE BEST SHIP IN THE GALAPAGOS IS GETTING EVEN BETTER
As part of her modernization, Celebrity Xpedition will receive meticulously thought-out enhancements from bow to stern:
● Suites and staterooms will be stunningly refreshed, adding new carpeting and balcony upgrades to a list of already impressive touches, like Celebrity’s eXhaleTM bedding, which make for a welcoming place to relax after the day’s adventures
● All suite and stateroom doors will be outfitted with RFID lock technology that makes it easier for guests to access their rooms
● An upgrade to the shipboard IT systems, including the addition of an O3B satellite will improve the speed and reliability of the ship’s full-coverage Wi-Fi, and the adjusted bandwidth will enhance both guest experience and crew efficiency
● The Beagle Grill will be outfitted with new furniture and lighting that enhance guests’ comfort as they dine under the sun and stars, as well as state-of-the-art new culinary equipment to bring the menus crafted by Celebrity’s Michelin-starred chef to life
● In The Discovery Lounge, guests will find a new, state-of-the-art video wall, upgraded finishes, and updated textiles, as well as a new dedicated DJ station to elevate the ambiance of this guest-favorite hangout
● The Darwin Dining Room will receive similar design enhancements with new lighting, carpet and millwork
● Water filtration system on every deck for guests to enjoy
● Crew area enhancements including new mattresses with Celebrity’s eXhaleTM bedding, carpets, and Dayroom TV to enjoy
Then in June 2019, Celebrity Xpedition will debut enhanced suites services and amenities coinciding with the arrival of the new Celebrity Flora. Suite guests will be geared up with marine binoculars to use on their cruise, as well as premium backpacks and rain ponchos that they can take back home with them.
When unwinding in their suites on board, guests will enjoy stateroom attendants who can help with packing and unpacking, full in-suite dinner service, upgraded premium bathrobes, luxurious Kuno bath products from Ecuador, and more.
FROM BUCKET LIST TO BOOK-IT LIST
With more than 14 years in the Galapagos Islands, Celebrity remains the authority in the region, offering guests an unparalleled experience in this iconic archipelago of volcanic islands, with all-inclusive vacation packages ranging from seven to 16 nights, each featuring an immersive seven-night cruise and seven certified naturalists on board.