Norwegian Cruise Line Announces Winners of Giving Joy Campaign
Norwegian Cruise Line today announced the 30 winners of its Giving Joy campaign, an effort designed to recognize and reward deserving teachers.
The 30 educators, who won seven-day cruises for two anywhere Norwegian Cruise Line sails, are now eligible to win one of three grand prizes of $25,000, $15,000 and $10,000 for their schools.
The Grand Prize winners will be revealed at a private celebration in Seattle on May 3, 2019. Those winners will be chosen by a panel of Norwegian Cruise Line executives based on 1) the relevancy of their submission to the contest theme – giving joy; 2) the nominees’ lasting impact on their students; and 3) content and originality.
From March 12, 2019 to April 12, 2019 Norwegian Cruise Line encouraged the public to nominate and vote for educators from the U.S. and Canada who inspire joy in the classroom. The campaign generated over 46,000 nominations and 1.43 million votes.
The 30 winners are from all over the U.S. and Canada, including Florida, Georgia, Indiana, Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan, Montana, New Mexico, New York, Ontario, Pennsylvania, Texas, Utah, Virginia and Wisconsin.
The 30 winners are:
• Alexandra Durr, George Washington Carver Elementary School – Coral Gables, Fla.
• Ashley Lantes, Windy Hill Middle School – Clermont, Fla.
• Bethany McAfee, Sheridan Technical High School – Fort Lauderdale, Fla.
• Christopher Wikfors – Randall Middle School – Lithia, Fla.
• Kendall Carrier – Manatee High School – Bradenton, Fla.
• Rachael Spires, Imagine Schools at Town Center – Palm Coast, Fla.
• Traviera Sewell – Long Cane Middle School – LaGrange, Ga.
• Wendolyn Camp, Dodge County High School – Eastman, Ga.
• Jason Seaman – Noblesville West Middle School – Noblesville, Ind.
• Jordan Ryan Price, Lincoln Performing Arts Elementary – Louisville, Ky.
• Ashley Chauvin, Young Audiences Charter School – Gretna, La.
• Kate Drury, Vestaburg Community School – Vestaburg, Mich.
• William Becker, Ronan Middle School – Ronan, Mont.
• Arnel Dela Cruz, Miyamura High School – Gallup, N.M
• Christopher Shepherd, Jackson Middle School – Albuquerque, N.M.
• Beth Devlin, Dutch Lane Elementary School – Hicksville, N.Y.
• Brian J. O’Neill, Patchogue-Medford High School – Medford, N.Y.
• Erin Degnan – Walter S. Boardman Elementary School – Oceanside, N.Y.
• Jonathan Chiaramonte – Sachem North High School – Lake Ronkonkoma, N.Y.
• Nicole Conlisk – One World Middle School – Bronx, N.Y.
• Noelle Files – Corcoran High School – Syracuse, N.Y.
• Samantha Guglieri – Woodland Avenue Elementary School – Hicksville, N.Y.
• Nancy Kawaja, Catholic Education Centre – Ottawa, Ontario
• Ashley Kuzma – McDowell Intermediate High School – Erie, Pa.
• Melissa Owens, Colonial Intermediate Unit 20 – Easton, Pa.
• Shaughn Thomas, Lake Olympia Middle School – Missouri City, Texas
• Rachelle Jodie Durrant, Uintah High School – Vernal, Utah
• Amber Pereira, Emerick Elementary School – Ashburn, Va.
• Monte Syrie, Cheney High School – Cheney, Wash.
• Lindsey Ward – Northland Pines-Eagle River Elementary – Eagle River, Wis.
“We are so pleased with the overwhelming response we received for this campaign and we are very happy to announce and celebrate these thirty deserving winners,” said Andy Stuart, Norwegian Cruise Line president and CEO. “Thanks to all who participated and helped spread awareness of the power of education and travel. I can’t wait to announce the Grand Prize winners!”