Regent Seven Seas Cruises Debuts More Than 200 Inspiring Plant-Based Dishes Fleetwide
Regent Seven Seas Cruises announced the debut of an extensive array of innovative plant-based cuisine on menus across its fleet. Beginning October 1, 2019, more than 200 gourmet plant-based selections will be offered at breakfast, lunch and dinner to meet the evolving tastes of luxury travelers who are following vegan or vegetarian lifestyles, or hunger to enjoy more plant-based fare.
New dishes like Wild Mushroom Tart with Brittle Pie Crust, Mushroom Duxelles and Red Pepper Coulis; Falafel Fritters with Harissa Mayo, Cucumber, Mint, and Capers; Spiced Potato & Green Pea Samosas with Tamarind Chutney; and Summer Berry Pudding Chantilly showcase a range of cuisines including Italian, Greek, Middle Eastern, Korean, Thai, Vietnamese, Mexican, Italian, Malaysian, and more.
Other menu highlights include nourishing Power Bowls and Poke Bowls, hearty pastas and noodles, light and refreshing salads and soups and decadent items like an Impossible™ Cheeseburger, and a Peach and Blueberry Cobbler with Cornmeal-Almond Topping.
“For luxury travelers who are increasingly adding more plant-based cuisine to their meals, we’re offering even more imaginative selections of bold, flavorful appetizers, entrees and desserts, with craveable tastes and mouth-watering presentations,” said Jason Montague, Regent Seven Seas Cruises president and chief executive officer. “Our expanded plant-based cuisine sets the highest benchmark in luxury cruising.”
Luxury travelers are increasingly interested in enjoying plant-based fare. Worldwide, more than 9 of 10 plant-based meals are consumed by people who are not vegans.
Regent’s 200 plant-based selections will be fully integrated into the daily menus on Regent ships, instead of being offered on a separate menu. The new offerings were developed by Regent’s culinary leadership team under the direction of Bernhard Klotz, Regent’s vice president of Food and Beverage, in concert with world-renowned chef, culinary instructor, and author Christophe Berg.
“Plant-based cuisine appeals to a broad audience of luxury travelers,” Klotz explained. “This is an emerging, modern specialty cuisine that allows our guests to enjoy more flavorful foods that are in harmony with their current tastes and pushes the boundaries on Regent’s acclaimed culinary creativity and imagination.”
Selected Plant-Based Menu Highlights
• Chia Cashew Yogurt with Carrot-Hazelnut Granola, Mixed Berries and Tropical Fruits
• Chickpea Pancake with Spinach, Cherry Tomatoes, Mushrooms and Harissa Sauce, Just Like Feta
• Banana-Oatmeal Pancakes with Berries and Maple Syrup
• Avocado Toast on Rustic Farmers Bread
• Sweet Potato Soup with Miso & Ginger
• Tomato Bisque with Dill
• Roasted Almond and Vegetable Soup
• Vietnamese Summer Rolls with Vegetables, Grapefruit, Coconut, Boston Lettuce, Rice Paper, Roasted Peanut Dip
• Tajin Spiced Hummus & Avocado Wrap with Boston Lettuce, Carrots, Cherry Tomatoes, Cucumber, Fruit Skewer
• Osaka Power Bowl with Soba Noodles, Eggplant, Tofu, Sweet Potatoes, Edamame, Wakame Salad, Nori, Miso Sesame Dressing
• Mediterranean Bowl with Brown Rice, Beluga Lentils, Green Peas, Cauliflower, Tomato, Homemade Tzatziki, Kalamata Olives, Pita Bread, Roasted Almond-Orange Dressing
• Falafel Power Bowl with Roasted Carrots, Cucumber, Cherry Tomatoes, Assorted Greens, Olives, Capers, Mint, Parsley, Lemon-Tahini dressing
• Green Lentil Penne Pasta, Wild Mushroom Bolognese with Cashew Nuts
• “Impossible Burger” Sesame Bun, Just Like Cheddar, Lettuce, Tomato, Onion, Skinny Fries
• Caramelized Apple Tart with Fresh Feta-Cashew Cheese, Balsamic Caramel
• Wild Mushroom Tart with Brittle Pie Crust, Mushroom Duxelles, Red Pepper Coulis
• Mulligatawny, Traditional Indian Red Lentil & Coconut Soup
• Spiced Potato & Green Pea Samosas with Tamarind Chutney
• Baked Porcini & Spinach Cannelloni, with Toasted Hazelnuts, Tomato Sauce, Béchamel
• Mushroom & Spinach Crepes, with Béchamel and Tomato Sauce
• Roasted Mushroom Stuffed Zucchini with Quinoa-Olive Salad, Pine Nut Dressing, Yellow Pepper Coulis
• Singapore Noodles, with Stir Fried Vegetables, Turmeric, Ginger, Garlic, Soy Sauce, Rice Vermicelli
• Green Curry Vegetable Stir Fry, with Eggplant, Oyster Mushrooms, Cauliflower, Green Peas, Jasmine Rice
• Crispy Sweet & Sour Vegetables with Tofu, Cashew and Sesame Seeds
• Summer Berry Pudding Chantilly
• Basil Scented Fruit Minestrone, Lemon Sorbet
• Peach and Blueberry Cobbler with Cornmeal-Almond Topping
• Pear Williams & Rosemary Sorbet
• Lime-Vodka Sorbet
• Champagne Sorbet