Poseidon Expeditions Offers Family Rate Incentives For Arctic Cruise Reservations
Think Norway and the North Pole. Somewhere in between is the Svalbard Archipelago, a High Arctic wilderness that polar bear, reindeer and walrus call home.
The 114-guest Sea Spirit will conduct five 2020 Arctic Wildlife Safaris into this region. Children under age 12 travel at half of the regular per person price in a double-occupancy cabin with an adult. For adults, early booking discounts are from 10 to 15 percent depending on the accommodation. An extra savings of $800 per adult will be applied.
“It’s a wonderful opportunity for parents or grandparents wishing to expose their youngster to an amazing environment of diverse wildlife, glaciers and legends from the heroic era of Arctic exploration,” said Steve Wellmeier, managing director of Poseidon’s North America office. “What better way for a child to spend part of their summer break than experiencing firsthand the archipelago’s whales, migrating birds, polar bears, walruses and so much more, while exploring with family aboard a safe and comfortable expedition ship?”
Examples of this family plan include a Main Deck Suite on the May 31-June 8, 2020, where the rate per child is just half of the $8,095 regular fare while the adult pays the discounted rate of $6,486.
Similar savings are in effect for Svalbard departures on May 31, June 7, June 14, June 21 and June 30.
The rate includes:
• One pre-voyage hotel night;
• Group transfer from the airport to the hotel on a day prior to departure;
• Group transfer to the ship on day of embarkation;
• All meals on board throughout the voyage;
• Tea and coffee station 24 hours daily;
• All scheduled landings/excursions (subject to weather and ice conditions);
• Experienced Expedition Leader & Expedition Team;
• Branded Poseidon Expeditions parka;
• Rubber boots for shore landings for the length of the cruise;
• Welcome and Farewell cocktails;
• All port fees;
• Group transfer to airport or central location upon disembarkation
• Pre-departure materials;
• Digital Voyage Log.
Poseidon Expeditions is a specialist in active adventure cruises in the high latitudes. West Spitsbergen and the Polar Ice Edge is one of Poseidon’s most popular Arctic cruises, ranging from 9-12 days.