CroisiEurope is committing to respecting the environment
CroisiEurope’s longstanding environmental position focuses on nature as our most valuable asset. We consider ourselves pioneers in our field, as our commitment to protecting the environment goes above and beyond our legal obligations. We are continually reflecting on how we can expand our green efforts.
After conclusive tests carried out on the Seine River with our partner AS Energy, our ships now use GTL fuel—a cleanerburning alternative fuel to diesel. Gas-to-Liquid fuels combust more uniformly and result in lower emissions.
This transformation has already been set up on the Seine and will soon be introduced on our other ships. Here are other environmental initiatives we would like to share with you.
• Installation of water-saving devices on our ships that reduce freshwater consumption by 35% and, as a consequence, the amount of wastewater produced.
• Installation of wastewater evacuation systems on our entire fleet that are emptied into wastewater treatment facilities or urban sewer systems during ports of call.
• Installation of a wastewater recipient connected directly to the city sewer system at the CroisiEurope dock.
• All of our ship engines (Green Ship Label) respect the strictest European standards against pollution to help reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
• The latest onboard technology helps limit fuel consumption when cruising.
• We have insulated the ventilation in our engine rooms to reduce noise pollution.
• At ports, we systematically connect to power supply terminals (Powerlock connectors) whenever possible, and for our own docks, we are investing in these newer installations. In addition, most of our ships are equipped with energy-efficient electrical devices.
• In winter, our ships are moored at river ports with electrical terminals that power the vessels, which helps reduce noise and pollution.
• In Paris, we are providing excursions on electric buses that are quieter and pollute less, to everyone’s advantage.
• For the replacement of bath towels, we are trying to raise our passengers’ awareness using written messages and announcements.
• CroisiEurope follows the criteria outlined by Imprim’Vert in regards to environmentally friendly printing. All of the documents printed at our company is done so with vegetable-based inks on unbleached paper.
• All of our waste is sorted and compacted on board before being recycled.
• Used engine oil is collected and transformed by onshore specialists.
• We use biodegradable and environmentally friendly cleaning products.
• Exterior paints contain no pollutants.
• Plastic straws are being replaced progressively by biodegradable paper straws. We plan on converting from plastic cups in the future as well.
• Our company is affiliated with the Comité des Armateurs Fluviaux, which brings together players in our sector to orchestrate collective actions regarding the immense challenges that lie ahead.