CMV announces fleet parade and Rotterdam regatta Saturday 28 August 2021
“We are very proud to today announce preliminary details of our first-ever special fleet parade and regatta event which will be held in Rotterdam on Saturday 28 August 2021.”
The entire CMV seven ship fleet will join together for a special parade and regatta in Rotterdam on Saturday 28 August 2021.
This is part of a unique maritime celebration of CMV’s traditional style of cruising, the introduction in 2021 of the latest classic ships to join the fleet Amy Johnson and Ida Pfeiffer, and to celebrate Cruise Port Rotterdam’s 25th Anniversary. CMV’s classic and traditional ships will sail in convoy in both directions, up and down the Maas River for twenty-eight nautical miles.
The iconic Marco Polo (22,080grt, 800 guests) has been chosen to spearhead the parade in recognition of being CMV’s first-ever deployed vessel and her illustrious maritime career spanning over half a century.
Following in her wake will be CMV’s new flagship, Amy Johnson (70,285grt, 1,500 guests) followed by Magellan (46,052grt, 1,300 guests), Columbus (63,786grt, 1,400 guests), Astor (20,606grt, 570 guests) and sisterships, Vasco da Gama (55,877grt, 1,220 guests) and Ida Pfeiffer (55,819grt, 1,100 guests).
Chris Coates, CMV’s Group Commercial Director commented, “This unique maritime celebration and event will bring together over 8,000 cruise passengers onboard our fleet of seven cruise ships sailing from four British, two German and one French home port to Rotterdam, Europe’s largest commercial and growing cruise port. We were looking for a North European port with a rich maritime heritage and seafaring tradition, an impressive river transit to the heart of a city and the berths to support such an event. Rotterdam was the clear winner and we are delighted to be working with such a great team at Cruise Port Rotterdam.”
The CMV ships will be arriving in Rotterdam between 0900-1000hrs, stay in port all day and depart early evening between 1700-1800hrs. Complimentary shuttle buses will operate between the ships to transport local residents and tourists alike to view the ships and join in the fun and celebrations, with quayside folkloric events planned. Special celebratory events are also planned in the city of Rotterdam with complimentary shuttle buses available for the passengers.
Mai Elmar, Executive Director Cruise Port Rotterdam said, “Rotterdam is thrilled and honoured to receive all of CMV’s ships at once. We are so excited and cannot wait to see all of them in Admiral sailing on our river.”
Voyages to Rotterdam for the Regatta:
· Marco Polo sails from Plymouth on a 7-night European Waterways & Rotterdam Fleet Regatta.
· Amy Johnson sails from London Tilbury on a 22-night Arctic Voyage to Greenland & Iceland calling in Rotterdam for the Regatta.
· Columbus sails from London Tilbury on a 7-night Fjordland & Rotterdam Fleet Regatta.
· Magellan sails from Liverpool on an 8-night River Seine Experience & Rotterdam Fleet Regatta.
· Astor sails from Le Havre on a 7-night Scottish Treasures & Rotterdam Fleet Regatta.
· Vasco da Gama sails from Bremerhaven on an 8-night English Channel & Islands and Rotterdam Fleet Regatta.
· Ida Pfeiffer sails from Kiel on a 14-night Iceland and Rotterdam Fleet Regatta.
(CMV, Cruise Port Rotterdam)