Viva Cruises launches new four-night cruises in Germany for summer 2020
Throughout July and August, two of VIVA Cruises’ ships, MS TREASURES and MS INSPIRE, will embark on short itineraries as part of Germany’s emergence from lockdown. All new cruises will feature all the latest safety and health measures on-board.
Departing and finishing in Frankfurt, MS TREASURES will be sailing along the Main River – the longest river lying entirely in Germany – to explore some of its main attractions. These include the towns of Wertheim (famous for its magnificent half-timbered building); the Bavarian city of Würzburg, surrounded by vineyards; and Miltenberg, home to a stunning old town.
On the other hand, MS INSPIRE will be exploring the German wine region of Rheingau, on a trip along the Rhine River. Leaving from Düsseldorf, renowned for its fashion industry and art scene, the “Experience Rheingau” itinerary will be visiting the idyllic small towns of Andernach and Boppard as well as Oestrich (one of the newer ports served by VIVA Cruises and a must-visit for wine lovers) and Coblenz, famous for the Deutsches Eck, where the Mosel river joins the Rhine.
Both itineraries can be booked from £400 per person in a twin cabin. Passengers will also receive a credit of £23 to spend on one of the excursion available on the cruises.
Andrea Kruse, COO of VIVA Cruises, says: “We are thrilled to be able to welcome guests back in our ships. As well as the short, four-night itineraries along the Main and Rhine rivers, we are launching our very first owned ship, VIVA TIARA, at the end of June, which is very exciting news too.”
In light of Covid-19, VIVA Cruises has introduced new measures to further protect the health and safety of passengers and crewmembers. Some of these measures are:
· Screening of guests before the start of the cruise by means of a comprehensive health questionnaire from the WHO (World Health Organisation) and compulsory temperature checks
· Reduced number of passengers on board for optimal social distancing
· Contactless check-in experience
· Compulsory facemasks on board when walking around the ship
· Table service for all meals (buffet services removed) and increase of table distance
· Meals and activities will be arranged in time slots to lower the capacity of communal areas
· Increased disinfections of public areas – cabins will be disinfected twice a day
· Doctor on board for health checks and consultations for all guests and crewmembers
All new itineraries will also include VIVA Cruises’ signature VIVA All-Inclusive product, which includes full board, high-quality alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages, minibar, beauty products from luxury cosmetic brand, Rituals, and all tips and gratuities.