AmaWaterways Unveils “The Secrets of Egypt & The Nile” E-Brochure
AmaWaterways released its 2021/2022 “The Secrets of Egypt & The Nile” e-brochure, detailing the unparalleled journey that awaits travelers ready to discover ancient splendors along the world’s longest river.
The new e-brochure provides a comprehensive look at the immersive 11-night river cruise and land adventure that guests can embark on beginning in September 2021. Complemented by authentic, small group-guided shore excursions and pre- and post-land programs, the newly designed AmaDahlia becomes the 25th addition to AmaWaterways’ luxury river cruise fleet.
“River cruising is an excellent way to experience a destination, especially Egypt, where one of the oldest civilizations in the world began along the banks of the Nile River,” said Kristin Karst, executive vice president and co-founder of AmaWaterways. “I distinctly remember my first trip to Egypt – learning so much about its fascinating history, relishing in the magical sunsets and being mesmerized by the spectacular colors on display in the local markets. I cannot wait to return and for our guests to meet the welcoming Egyptian people who so proudly share their stories.”
With 17 departures planned for the 2021 season and 38 in 2022, The Secrets of Egypt & The Nile itinerary will take guests on a seven-night roundtrip from Luxor cruise where they will uncover the storied treasures that have shaped the country’s past and influence its future.
In true AmaWaterways tradition, travelers will enjoy excellent cuisine, warm service and elegantly appointed accommodations onboard the intimate 68-guest AmaDahlia, which features two restaurants, 18 staterooms and 16 suites, four of which will be panorama suites at the front of the ship. Most accommodations will boast AmaWaterways’ signature twin balconies, featuring both a French and outside balcony, allowing guests to marvel at the region’s romantic desert hills, lush oases and ancient colonnaded temples.
Accompanying the river cruise journey, guests will spend three nights pre-cruise and one-night post-cruise at the five-star Four Seasons Hotel Cairo at The First Residence, providing a truly luxurious and unforgettable experience that will showcase Egypt’s most iconic wonders along with its hidden treasures. Highlights of AmaWaterways’ carefully curated The Secrets of Egypt & The Nile itinerary include:
· A visit to the exquisite Egyptian Museum, home to a unique collection of pharaonic art including mummies and the priceless treasures of Tutankhamen
· A tour of the monuments at the UNESCO-designated ancient capital of Memphis, including the statue of Ramses II, Step Pyramid of King Zoser, the Great Pyramids and Sphinx of Giza
· A visit to the Valley of the Kings and Queens, home to the mummified remains of more than 30 queens and princesses, including exclusive access to the tomb of Queen Nefertari
· An optional excursion to the more than 3,000-year-old Temples of Abu Simbel, dedicated to Ramses II, one Egypt’s greatest pharaohs
· An exclusive visit to a Nubian village with lunch and a sunset sail in Aswan on a traditional felucca, a wooden sailboat commonly used in Egypt
· A special private farewell lunch at the Abdeen Presidential Palace, considered one of the most luxurious palaces in the world
· A taste of traditional, locally sourced Egyptian cuisine at The Main Restaurant and The Chef’s Table, with a delectable seven-course tasting menu each evening on board; plus, lunch at the famous Naguib Mahfouz Café in the Khan El Khalili bazaar and the historic Mena House Hotel
For guests interested in extending their time in the region, the new e-brochure provides details on three optional land programs led by AmaWaterways’ knowledgeable Cruise Managers. This includes three pre-cruise nights in Dubai or four nights in Jordan (Amman and Petra) and post-cruise, four nights in Israel (Jerusalem).
As part of AmaWaterways’ recently launched virtual Sip & Sail Cocktail Hour, travelers can gain insider tips and information on The Secrets of Egypt & The Nile itinerary on Thursday, June 4, at 4 p.m. PDT (7 p.m. EST). Hosted by Karst and the river cruise line’s resident Egypt expert, Todd Ney, the interactive event will be broadcasted on Facebook Live at Facebook.com/AmaWaterways and on YouTube at YouTube.com/AmaWaterways.
The Secrets of Egypt & The Nile will operate seasonally from September through to May each year.