Sail Blue Danube with Riviera River Cruises and Cruise Expert Ralph Grizzle
Riviera River Cruises will offer a special departure of its Blue Danube itinerary next year hosted by cruise expert Ralph Grizzle. The eight-day cruise will depart from Budapest on Oct. 4, 2021, and sail Europe’s most cultured river, with visits to Vienna and Salzburg before it returns to the imperial city where it began.
Prices start at $3,569 per person based on double occupancy. Passengers booking by Dec. 1, 2020, will receive a free beverage package.
“Ralph Grizzle is one of the foremost experts on river cruising and we’re thrilled to have him join us on this Danube River departure,” said Marilyn Conroy, Riviera River Cruises’ Executive Vice President Sales and Marketing North America.
“Ralph will host specially tailored tours in destinations along the way and share his knowledge of the region and river cruising with guests. Offerings like this are another reason to make Riviera your go-to river cruise line for your clients.”
Grizzle has been a journalist for more than 30 years, exploring America, Europe and Asia. Today, he produces content for his River Cruise Advisor and Avid Cruiser websites from his home in North Carolina, helping travelers make informed cruise vacation decisions.
The Blue Danube itinerary includes:
· Day 1, Embark in Budapest: Board your floating luxury ship in Budapest, Hungary.
· Day 2, Esztergom: Spend the morning visiting Esztergom Basilica and the city’s historic center.
· Day 3, Bratislava: Enjoy a guided tour of Bratislava, Slovakia, and then cruise toward Austria, taking in the beautiful sights of the region.
· Day 4, Dürnstein and Melk Abbey: Wander the romantic town of Dürnstein, where Richard the Lionheart was imprisoned, and then visit the remarkable monastery in Melk, with its Emperor’s Gallery.
· Day 5, Salzburg: Take a short drive to Salzburg and tour the old town, the imposing fortress of Hohensalzburg, and the birthplace and residence of Mozart.
· Day 6, Vienna: Home of Strauss and other great composers, Vienna offers wonderful architecture and a host of other sites, including the Spanish Riding School. Enjoy a classical recital on board in the evening.
· Day 7, Budapest: Arrive back in imperial Budapest and explore the palatial city straddling the picturesque Danube on a guided tour or in your free time. Enjoy a gala dinner and Hungarian folklore show on board in the evening.
· Day 8, Disembark in Budapest: The crew bids you farewell before you disembark.
Riviera River Cruises offers 20 itineraries on 10 rivers and waterways, including dedicated departures for solo travelers with no single supplement. Its fleet is one of the youngest in Europe, with no ships older than six years. Riviera’s cruises include spacious cabins and suites, fine culinary experiences from sumptuous breakfasts to four-course dinners featuring international classics and regional specialties, and expert-led excursions to classic sights and lesser-known places.
Riviera guarantees exceptional value, promising never to add hidden surcharges or fees. Riviera also doesn’t automatically include gratuities or drinks, so the choice is up to guests.