Turisme de Barcelona and The World Travel & Tourism Council teamed up to achieve effective protocols
While Europe is experiencing the second wave of infections for the Covid-19, many tourism boards are now contemplating a new future where they are helping to make facilities and attractions totally comply with the restrictions.
In the end, tourist destinations are working hard to make the most safety and healthy destinations for visitors.
For this reason, the World Travel & Tourism Council and Turisme de Barcelona have teamed up to achieve effective protocols implementing the WTTC’s Safe Travels stamp to all tour operators in the city which can accredit safe travel.
This label allows travelers to recognize worldwide the companies, entities and destinations which have adopted health and hygiene global standardized protocols and prevention measures against the Covid-19.
Tourist establishments will benefit from an internationally recognized stamp, which has been developed in collaboration with the leading international organizations following the guidelines of the World Health Organization (WHO) whereby they can provide trust and confidence to travelers enjoying safe trips, so consumers can experience “Safe Travels”.
Our main purpose is keeping you updated, below we are pleased to share with you the latest news and highlights about the Barcelona Destination:
• Barcelona, Safe city. Safe Visit. Information on companies and organizations responding appropriately hygiene and safety criteria established.
• Barcelona Convention Bureau participates in the 59th ICCA Congress 2020.
• Barcelona is working on the cruises industry recovery for 2021.
• Barcelona is ranked in the Top 10 of World’s Best Cities according to the latest report made by Resonance.
• Hello Barcelona! The casual shop GAP opens its first flagship store in the heart of Barcelona’s Gothic Quarter, their first shop in Spain.
• Barcelona awarded the World Travel Awards as the best destination for Events and festivals.