American Queen Steamboat Company Welcomes Music Legend Lee Greenwood for Six Performances During 2021 Season
Onboard the boutique-style riverboat American Duchess, Greenwood will take the Show Lounge stage for intimate performances of his iconic hits including “God Bless the U.S.A.”
Greenwood, who makes favorite riverboat stop Clarksville his home, will board the vessel and visit with guests onboard before taking the stage with the American Duchess Ensemble.
The following sailings will feature Greenwood performances 2021:
• April 4-12, 2021: Memphis to Nashville (Clarksville) – An American Music Festival
• April 11-19, 2021: Nashville (Clarksville) to St. Louis (Alton) – An American Music Festival
• June 20-28, 2021: Louisville to Nashville (Clarksville) – An American Music Festival
• June 27-July 5, 2021: Nashville (Clarksville) to Louisville – Star-Spangled Spectacular
• Dec. 5-13, 2021: Memphis to Nashville (Clarksville) – Country Christmas
• Dec. 12-20, 2021: Nashville (Clarksville) to Memphis – Country Christmas
“During my career, I have had the privilege of performing in unique venues across the nation; however, there is nothing like taking the stage onboard the American Duchess,” shares Country Music Legend Lee Greenwood. “There is no better music than the natural sounds of the paddlewheel churn the river and exchanging stories with guests. I look forward to reuniting with my riverboat family later this year.”
The great rivers of America have long served as conduits for spreading the music of the nation whether it has been the sound of Kentucky bluegrass, the strains of the Delta blues or the rock and soul of Memphis. Through countless iconic performances onboard American Queen Steamboat Company’s vessels, Lee Greenwood’s famed Nashville country sounds and patriotic anthems have become intertwined with the rhythms of the river.
“Lee Greenwood is a special member of the American Queen Steamboat Company family, and we are thrilled to welcome him back to our storied stage. A cruise highlight for many of our guests is taking in one of Lee’s engaging performances in one of our many intimate venues, like the Show Lounge onboard the American Duchess,” shares John Waggoner, CEO of the American Queen Steamboat Company. “Our guests can once again plan a holiday around seeing Lee perform as part of our 2021 season with three performances during the season.”
All-inclusive fares on upcoming sailings featuring Lee Greenwood begin at $2,199 per person.