Explora Journeys introduces ‘OCEAN WELLNESS’. Inspired by the mystical powers of the sea, Ocean Wellness is a concept specially curated to help guests attain an Ocean State of Mind
Explora Journeys is delighted to announce that guests on board EXPLORA I will not only be exhilarated by the travel discoveries they encounter on their journey, they will also have a chance to slow down, optimise their wellbeing, and find a renewed sense of calm and centredness.
Welcome to Ocean Wellness
Ocean Wellness offers an array of highly effective, restorative experiences far removed from urban noise and the always-on digital culture. Guests on EXPLORA I can immerse themselves in tranquillity, at one with the rhythm of the ocean. Sleep, relaxation, mindfulness, energy and immunity-boosting are addressed holistically, producing a deep sense of physical and spiritual renewal enhanced by the revitalising influence of the sea. Over 1,000 sq m (10,764 sq ft) of space is dedicated to a luxurious spa, indoor and outdoor wellness areas, contemporary fitness facilities, outdoor Sports Court and Running Track.
“The philosophy behind Ocean Wellness is deeply rooted in Explora Journeys’ origins,” says Julanda Marais, Senior Lead Spa Operations.
“We’ve long understood the powerful effect of water and waves on body, mind and soul. This is the inspiration for Ocean Wellness. We want to give our guests a feeling of refined simplicity, relaxed luxury, and complete mental and physical replenishment.”
Neuroscience1 has shown how the ocean calms the mind, revitalises the body, and boosts the immune function. Instead of the relentless demands of the day-to-day, guests explore new destinations and cultures, spend leisurely time with companions, forge links with like-minded people, and reconnect with what matters. And when the pace slows, self-discovery and healing can begin. It’s called an Ocean State of Mind. Experiences, programmes and spaces designed to enhance the ocean’s influence on wellbeing help guests achieve inner and outer calm. From sleep to nutrition, a selection of initiatives has been curated to ensure that they achieve a feeling of renewal during their journey and beyond.
OCEAN WELLNESS – THE SPA
A place to soothe and heal, or simply a haven for pampering, Ocean Wellness – The Spa mirrors the gentle, hypnotic effect of the ocean, allowing the pressures of daily life to recede. With over 700 sq m (7,500 sq ft) of space dedicated to treatments and wellness facilities, there is just one aim: to do everything possible to help guests switch off and truly relax.
– Treatment rooms: There are 11 treatment rooms, including two Private Spa Suites with their own outdoor relaxation area; one double and seven single treatment rooms; an additional treatment room dedicated to specialised Medi Luxe Treatments by Dr Levy Switzerland; and an outdoor space in which guests can relax.
– Beauty Studio: The flowing layout allows guests to enjoy all their grooming requirements in one tranquil space, from replenishing hair and barber treatments in the hair salon to bespoke hand and foot treatments in the nail salon.
– Sensorial Therapeutic Circuit: Guests will find a wide array of facilities in the thermal wellness area that produce significant and noticeable benefits: the Hydrotherapy Pool, a Steam Room, Finnish Sauna, Salt Cave, Experience Shower, Ice Fall and Heated Marble Loungers.
OUR BRAND PARTNERS: SPA & BEAUTY
A selection of partner brands has been meticulously chosen to give guests the gifts of Ocean Wellness, sourced by experts who understand the Ocean State of Mind and how it is achieved. Explora Journeys’ approach to skincare is curated and personalised. Only sustainable products containing first-class active ingredients with high concentrations of botanical, marine and biological extracts are used in the Spa.
Dr LEVY, Switzerland is the world’s first cosmeceutical whose products are proven to stimulate the body’s source of collagen production: the dermal skin cells. This process has the effect of reversing skin ageing by protecting, nourishing and awakening the skin’s own regeneration system. Protected by an international medical patent, Dr Philip Levy’s world-famous stem cell formula is the outcome of 15 years of stem cell research; it is based on the 2012 Nobel Prize-winning discovery that stem cells can be reactivated so that they regain their youthfulness. The recipient of 50 global awards, his skincare treatments produce visible transformative results.
Aromatherapy Associates is a leading-edge British luxury wellbeing brand that harnesses the powers of the finest natural ingredients, purest extracts and essential oils in its award-winning products and treatments. It brings an array of therapies that naturally promote better sleep, reduce stress, restore energy and build confidence.
The Tides Wellness is the antidote to a frenetic life. Only 100% natural ingredients are used in this much-respected Dutch brand’s evidence-based wellness treatments. They aim to synchronise the body and the brain through advanced techniques inspired by the rhythm of the tides, the seasons, the influence of the elements, and their collective effect on our wellbeing.
OCEAN WELLNESS – FITNESS
The saying, ‘Healthy body, healthy mind,’ originated in the first century AD. Today, science has gone further by proving that exercise is crucial to a strong immune system, lower stress levels, high self-esteem, a balanced mood, good sleep quality and elevated energy. This knowledge is at the heart of the Ocean Wellness – Fitness ethos. Featuring 227 sq m (2,443 sq ft) of indoor space and more than 64 sqm (688 sq ft) of unparalleled outdoor fitness facilities, Ocean Wellness – Fitness also offers a Sports Court for half-court basketball as well as a panoramic running track and touch tennis. From an initial physical assessment to functional and strength training, cardio and Pilates, in bespoke sessions or group classes, it is totally focused on motivating guests to optimise their health.
OUR BRAND PARTNER: FITNESS – TECHNOGYM
To create an incredible onboard wellness and fitness experience for guests, designed to the highest standards, Explora Journeys has partnered with Technogym, a World leading brand in products and digital technologies for fitness, sport and health for wellness. Technogym’s connected smart equipment features the most innovative biomechanics and digital technologies.
The brand has been the Official Supplier to the last eight Olympic Games and a reference point for sports champions worldwide. Technogym’s personalised fitness programmes are fun as well as supremely effective. Using the latest high-performance equipment, they are geared exclusively to the needs of each individual guest. The Technogym Artis Line provides a cardio experience that is second to none, including Run Artis for indoor running and Artis Synchro elliptical. For strength training, there is cutting-edge Technogym Artis equipment for the upper and lower body.
Outdoor deck facilities include Technogym’s Skillrow, the first all-in-one rower designed to improve anaerobic power, aerobic capacity and neuromuscular abilities. Also on deck are Group Cycle bikes for pedalling with a sea view, as well as additional best-in-class training apparatus in all areas of Ocean Wellness – Fitness.
– Fitness Centre: From the fitness assessment area to the Centre’s contemporary Technogym Artis equipment, there is a well-balanced workout to help every individual become the best version of themselves.
– Fitness Studio: Here, guests can take part in tailor-made Technogym classes designed specifically for Explora Journeys, or they can target core strength and balance using Pilates reformers.
– Open Air Fitness: Offering an unparalleled spectrum of fitness facilities with ultra-modern equipment that gives an astonishing variety of exercise options, this is the perfect area for solo or one-to-one training sessions.
– Running Track: Encircling the ship is a 250 m (820 ft) track where runners can enjoy commanding ocean views while they do laps.
– Sports Court: The ideal space for touch tennis, half-court basketball, or yoga ritual experiences.
– In-suite Fitness: All guests have the option of training in their ocean-front suites or their suite terraces, encouraged by a virtual coach. This is made possible by Technogym Bench, the sleek strength-training station with enclosed tools, and Technogym Case Kit with its QR code access to a digital library of guided video exercises with trainers supported by Technogym.
OCEAN WELLNESS – WELLBEING
Guests on EXPLORA I have an opportunity to enrich their sense of wellbeing with tailor-made consultations and retreat programmes ranging from sleep and immune boosting to nutrition. Designed to make staying well while on holiday easy and enjoyable, they help to achieve a state of inner and outer calm. A carefully designed mindful nutrition programme for guests, created in close collaboration with Explora Journeys’ culinary team, demonstrates how best to nourish body and mind to help maintain their wellbeing during and beyond their journey
The benefits of yoga as a way of regulating the nervous system and its response to stress are well researched. Guests are introduced to a range of programmes designed to de-stress physically and mentally.
– Yoga programmes: Choices include Energy flow power classes to replenish stamina and strength; Sleep Yoga to induce deep slumber; Relaxation Yoga to rekindle a sense of self-worth; Mindfulness Yoga to anchor body and mind through meditation; and Immune-Boosting Yoga to support health and reduce anxiety via pranayama breathing techniques. These are some of the deeply fulfilling experiences offered to guests. Explora Journeys takes great pride in providing seamless anticipatory service at every turn and paying rigorous attention to personal preferences. The only goal is to give guests carefully considered space and time in which they can relax, let go, enjoy the journey, and slip into an Ocean State of Mind.
1 Wallace J. Nichols, Blue Mind: The Surprising Science That Shows How Being Near, In, On, or Under Water Can Make You Happier, Healthier, More Connected, and Better at What You Do (Little, Brown and Company, 2014)